Target Mailbox (any metal mailbox will do, but you’ll have to check the dimensions may be different)
sticky strip (I used red liner tape)
scissors (preferably two pairs, one that is Teflon coated for cutting the sticky strip) and paper trimmer
paper (I used coordinating designs from We R Memory Keepers that was in the Kit)
Whatever else you want to use to decorate - I used embellishments and the chipboard letters from the kit.
3/4 inch circle punch
1. Choose the paper you want to cover the body of your mailbox. Cut a strip that is 4×12.
2. Hold your strip of paper up against the mailbox so that one of the ends would be about halfway across the bottom. Smoosh (a very technical term!) the paper against the base of the flag (where the nail/screw is).
3. Flip your paper over and punch out the “mark” the flag base left using your 3/4 inch hole punch. After you punch the hole, cut a slit from the edge of the paper in to the hole.
4. Line the outside edge of the paper with sticky tape. (you could use another adhesive, but I think this works the best)
5. Start putting the paper on the mailbox by taking only the backing off the sticky strip around the flag hole. You want to make sure you get that part on correctly. After you get the flag area stuck down well, continue removing the sticky tape backing and adhering the paper.
6. Continue wrapping the paper all the way around the mailbox. It helps to do both sides at once and go slowly to make sure the paper stays straight.
7. Take your another piece of paper and trace the lid of the mailbox onto the back of the paper. Repeat for other end.
8. Cut them out – you will want to ‘undercut’ them a bit so that they don’t overlap the edges. I still hand to sand the edges a bit to get them to fit right. Adhere the same way you did the paper piece on the mailbox.
9. At this point you can decorate how you would like!
Another project I made were these treat boxes. I used little boxes I found at the dollar store in the wedding section. I covered them with the bits and pieces of the We R Memory Keepers paper in the Apron Strings Kit. I love the little sayings that were on the Together paper. I cut them and set them aside right away because I knew I wanted to use them on a Valentine project!