Monday, June 21, 2010

SPCC # 53

A yummy new color combo from Scrapmaster's Paradise - with one of my fave Stampin Up colors! So my layout ended up being 90% Dusty Durango, 5% Soft Suede, and 5% Apricot Appeal (which to be honest is more tan!).
And yep that is me in on a layout - it feels strange to see myself staring back rather than my kids or my husband! The story behind the layout is this - I did a challenge where the title had to be our nickname. I do not have a nickname or so I thought. I asked my children what my nickname would be if I had one. My youngest - Amory - asked what a nickname was and I told her it is a special name for someone you love. And she said well I love you and I call you mom so that must be your nickname! Makes sense to me! So ...
i am just mom
I want to invite you to join us at the Scrapmaster's Paradise forum! Brand new and super fun - you can find out about the monthly kits from Scrapmaster's Paradise there too! Look forward to seeing you soon!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

RobbynW said...

Kristin, this is just GORGEOUS! I love your use of the colors, the layout, not to mention the beautiful photo of YOU! Way to go Diva, I just LOVE it!
Robbyn - SP Diva

Angi Barrs said...

Love that dusty orange color. Great layout and nice picture :)

Kimmie said...

Hi Kristen! That layout is fantastic! I have a hard time scrapping photos of myself, too.

The story behind your nickname is so sweet. :o)

I look forward to working with you as a the new ScrapFIT team!

Stephanie said...

LOL---I love this! Great job on this LO and I love the story behind it!