Thursday, June 17, 2010

Newest Sketch at My Sketch World

Good morning - almost afternoon to you! The girls are playing nicely and quietly together - HALLELUJAH!!! Okay that just ended - I hear fighting coming this way!  Now they are beside me - making necklaces - we'll make this short and sweet before we lose the whole thing! I have been crazy busy and after cleaning up the house like a mad woman this morning I am now ready to bring ya'll another blog post and show you a layout and cards I made! Lucy at My Sketch World has made another one of those sketches that I will be going back to again and again.  
This is my take on the sketch - I used corrugated cardboard to make hearts instead of triangles for my banner. I used My Mind's Eye papers - I love the orange and blues together! This is my family minus me (aren't they a good looking group of people?!) and the fact that they all wore matching colors without my prompting - I am impressed! What a great picture that makes for the scrapbook?!?!?!
all for one  FAMILY one for all
In my new pursuit of cutting down on my scraps pile I am making myself make a few cards after I finish each layout. So far I have about a 80% success rate. Not too bad - I hope this sticks - it isn't making a dent in the scraps pile but it is also not adding to the scraps pile either.The first card I made from my scraps is for my dad - his birthday and father's day are so close together they are celebrated together. Yep - he got jipped! The scrolly piece was what I cut off from the family piece on the layout and the grandpa sticker was in the Mind's Eye set I got. The {heart} you stamp is from Micheal's dollar section.
I made the second card for the pile I donate to the church. The scrolly we are piece is - yep you guessed it - the other half of the family piece. The happy letter stickers are Rusty Pickle, the ribbon is unknown, and the for you stamp is another one from Micheal's dollar section.
Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: