Monday, May 21, 2012

Everything from Fry Pans to Nuts!

I wanted to show you more of what I did with the Apron Strings Smaller than a Breadbox May Kit. This time the layouts are made with Basic Greys Konnichiwa line - the lanterns reminded me of Tangled (the movie). So I used it for this layout because of it.
We went to Disney on Ice - Dare to Dream and Victor gave the girls each some money to spend on the junk souvenier stands. Out of all the sparkly wands, crowns and dress up my sweet crazy Amory chose a frying pan. She was the coolest kid there - everyone would say as they walked by "She got a frying pan - how cool". It even makes noise when you hit your sister someone with it!
A Fry Pan Who Knew?

The pretty colors inspired this next layout. The girls and I headed into downtown Houston for Theatre Day. We toured behind the scenes and saw how scenery was made (Priscilla's favorite), the girls got to play in their costume trunks and the highlight of Amory's day was meeting the stars of The Nutcracker. A real life ballerina she whispered in awe - just precious. And then with the mouse Amory's mouth is open in amazement because the mouse fur was really tutus!
Nuts About Ballet

Now with all the bits left over I made a few things.
An Owl Pillowbox (I got my inspiration here) for Amory's teacher - we stuffed hand sanitizer and a small package of tissues. Ms. Croft hates germs as much as she loves owls!

The next was two cards - one for someone's birthday and the "Great Minds" card for my co teacher at the Mother's Day Out I work at just to say thank you for everything this year!

And the last of the bits were made into bookmarks which are going into summer book baskets for the girls. Along with the bookmarks are reading logs from various stores, book list appropriate for the age and reading level and a book bingo set.
 
Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: