Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fetch a Sketch!

Sketches are truly my scrappy best friend! I rarely start a layout without a sketch either from a fabulous sketch site (always my first choice!) or of my own creation (those are generally not my first choice!).

This first layout is just one of many Christmas layouts that I have set a goal for myself to get done before the next Christmas rolls around! I used the September 1st sketch from My Sketch World. I used four pictures instead of the original two pictures because I simply never can decide which picture to use! Why not use them all? Considering I have run completely out of Christmas papers (except for scraps which will made into some tag, card, or gift) I am using what I have! I am also entering this in my favorite color challenge at The Paper Variety - currently two of my fav colors are pink and turquoise. Although with the dotted pattern paper we get just a bit of all my other favorites that I can't decide between!

really 'n truly its mine? thank you Santa!
Speaking of My Sketch World join us for the ABC Crop all September long on our forum. Super fun challenges and terrific prizes! The next two layouts were made for challenges there and challenges elsewhere too!

At the Apron Strings blog Lori is hosting "4 Sketches, 20 Days". In Lori's words - "Here's how it works, each week I'll give you a sketch. Each day will be a suggestion on how to reuse the same sketch - I mean really why reinvent the wheel everytime? By the end of the month, you'll have, hopefully, 20 pages. . .plus two."
I used the first sketch to complete the challenge at Apron Strings, crop challenges at My Sketch World, Scrapdango, and My Scraps and More and a blog challenge to use your favorite photos at The Paper Variety! These photos are my favorite because this is the last time Amory and I will visit Froberg's and pick strawberries with our MOMS Club friends because Amory has started Kindergarten. A bittersweet day and the pictures to remember it by.

Day 1 - to use the sketch as is! Done and done!
Fresh Delicious Juicy Fun

And Day 2 - Replace at least one 4x6 photo with two 2x3's.  I actually used two 3X4's. And two 3.25X5.25's. Listening to directions was never my strong suit which is probably why I run with scissors and wake up with glitter in my hair and stickers stuck to me - just saying! I also completed the blog challenge at The Paper Variety to use your favorite company. I am loving Simple Stories because it is the right mix of bright and happy and vintage grungy!
Summer Fun


Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lori said...

Awesome!! Just Awesome!

Sandi said...

I love Simple Stories too and just order my first collection. You really Rocked this challenge...I love your 2 pager. Thanks for joing us this week at The Paper Variety.