Saturday, January 29, 2011

Getting Scrappy!

So my scrapping new year's resolutions are as follows - clean up after each page/project/card, complete a layout for an event before it comes around again the next year (ie First Day of School pages done before another first day of school happens) and to use what I got! So far so good and we are nearing the end of January. The cleaning up happened for the first two layouts of 2011 and then I got excited and wanted to jump right in to the next layout and did not clean as I go. So I clean after each session which is a good tweak on the resolutions and one I think I can stick with. So I wanted to show you a few layouts I did using what I had - Apron Strings kits! These first two layouts feature the October 2010 kit (well part of it!) with lots of Studio Calico.
The first one is of Amory's first day. I love the title work on this. I used that wonderful My Pretty Little Studio card (came with the kit) and some OLD stickers I had to create a playful title that goes along with the preschool theme - F is for First Day of Preschool!
For this one I used a sketch from The Scrappiest:
F is for First Day of Preschool
This second layout is Priscilla's first day of sixth grade- look at her making a uniform look good! :) Inside the envelope is a picture of all the stuff we had to buy for junior high - school supplies, uniforms, etc. It was alot! I added some Prima packaging to the kit as well as some October Afternoon rub on letters, stickers, and a journaling card.
I used another sketch from The Scrappiest:
School's In
This next layout I used bits and pieces from two Apron Strings kits - the November 2010 and August 2010 kits. These are pictures from the fire station's open house. It was a day I certainly needed back up - she was crazy! She slid down the pole and took off and I was still up at the top yelling stay right there (that didn't happen), the medical helicopter landed in the field and she started toward it a bit early, and so on. So most of the pictures when there were some were a blur! I did get these of her dressed as a firefighter though - simply because the suit weighed her down and she couldn't run off!
And another sketch from The Scrappiest:
the littlest firefighter
Thank you for stopping by - I am off to play with more of my Apron Strings February kit. The sneaks are here! I cannot wait to share what i have been making!

Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day,


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LisaM said...

Wonderful layouts, Kristin!

Liz Chidester said...

You are rocking these sketches!!
Great job, thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest!