Sunday, April 11, 2010

Blessed For Sure!

I wanted to start this blog post with a big holler and a word of thanks! I have hit a winning streak as of late and wanted to give a shout out to all of those prizes and places where I have won them! Cutting Cafe digital stamps at My Sketch World, a cookie jar treat from Apron Strings, a huge bag of Prima flowers from the Scraproom blog, a RAK from the cards group at Challenge Masters, a kit from Life Preservers at Scrapfit, and a My Little Shoebox kit from Pamela at Scrapbook Challenges. I have been blessed beyond words - thank you so much everyone!
Amory and I sorting all of the flowers from the Scraproom blog. So many I had to redo my flower storage! Thank you too to my little helper!
ScrapFit Workout #17 (and this is the only kind of workout I do:)!) was to decorate an egg using Jillibean products. I love Jillibean and it is impossible to find so I used what I had left - a three X five piece of this kraft paper with the little birdies and a very used sheet of alphas. I punched the chick a chicks (Amory's word) out of the paper with a 3/4 inch punch for a speckled farm egg look and used the alphas to write i {heart} u on the vintage little tag I found on one of my antique shop trips (just 10 cents!). I added some trims, flowers and buttons and called it done! This is so much more fun (I mean check out those feet!) then a plain jane Easter frame - don't cha think?!?!
Next up is a layout of Amory's birthday party at her school. It really is a Mother's Day Out but Sissy goes to school and so does Amory! All of her little friends loved their cupcakes and Mrs. Marcia and Mrs. Cynthia might have probably enjoyed the sugar high I left all the kids in! Maybe not ....
This uses Sketch 193 from Scrapbook Challenges and the Six on Saturday Challenge at Apron Strings. The list is 1 sheet cardstock, 1 sheet patterned paper, 1 set round embellishments (yep from 2005!), 1 length ribbon, 1 border (the party piece is cut from a border dated 2003!), and 1 transparency or frame (I used a transparency behind Amory's pic but it is hard to see!)
PARTY
Thank you for stopping by. I must get off this computer - everyone is asleep and I can watch my Army Wives show in peace. I LOVE this show - its on Lifetime - check it out! Have a blessed day!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lori said...

Okay, so if you have a theater nut it's time to become Paparazzi-Mom, there's just no way around it. Second great layout, and yeah on using some older stuff. Third, go Army Wives. I have it recorded but am working on the instructions for the card kits and I won't be able to type and concentrate - something will give, and it'd probably be the instructions. And finally, I have Jillibean Soup Egg Drop in the Bigger kit this month ;) Totally cute frame, by the way.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

You are a rocking on gf!! Love your cute egg shaped project!!! Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFit and I hope your good luck continues!!!