Monday, September 1, 2008

The Three C's - Cricut,Circles,Cardstock

So I've just finished a fun project for Grandparent's Day (it's coming up on Sept. 7)! A circle album filled with pictures of my girls for who else the grandparents!

So first thing I did was go out and look for a circle album - couldn't find one that I (a) could afford (b) really liked the size of sooo... I stumbled across these in the clearance aisle of Micheals. Eight coasters for 50 cents. (I bought two sets - I would have bought more but I couldn't find anymore ) Plus a package of binder rings for $1.50 at Walmart - now we are talking!

After that I picked out my papers - the birds from Pink Paislee (currently one of my FAVS), black cardstock, and black and white patterned paper from Jenni Bowlin and 32 four inch circles cut by my cricut later (Thank God for the cricut) I was set to assemble.
I took out all red and black embellishments, white and black rub ons, the sewing machine, black embroidery floss and the good old Mod Podge and got to work!

It was easy to assemble - I made each page then glued it to the coaster with mod podge. I hope they love it as much as I do!


I punched a hole in each coaster with my cropadile and slipped a ring on. I tied ribbons on to hide the bright purple ring. Voila - done! I'll wrap it up and pop it in the mail tommorow! Happy Grandparents Day!

No comments: