Wednesday, April 11, 2012

When a Kit Gives You Lemons ...

Make Lemonade Gift Sets!
My Apron Strings Bigger Than a Breadbox kit contained a whole sheet (a WHOLE sheet ya'll!) of the Lily Bee Buttercup collection stickers. After gazing at it quite a bit the wheels starting spinning! The "lemons" sticker was perfect for a little gift for Amory's teacher on Field Day. So I set to work on what I am lovingly calling a water bottle hanger. There are instructions everywhere (probably clearer than mine!) but here is what I did!
Here is what I used and what I did!
Materials:
- One Piece of Pattern Paper from the kit
- 2" scalloped punch
- 1/8" hole punch
- Charcoal Ink Pad
- the "lemons" sticker from the kit
- paper cutter
- adhesive
- pencil
- small brads that are in the kit
Step 1: Measure your pattern paper 2-1/4" x 7-3/4". Score (or fold) 2" on each end. One flap goes up and one flap goes down.
Step 3: Punch a scallop circle in the the part that will fold down and go over the water bottle (one of the two inch sides).  Save this scallop circle.
Step 4: Fold up the other end of the paper and using your 1/8" hole punch, punch a hole on either side near the top of the fold. This is where your brads will go.
Step 5: Feed the brads through each hole. This will be your pocket for your lemonade packet.
Step 6: Place your scallop circle (reverse side of the pattern paper) on the pocket and pop dot the "lemon" sticker so that it will stick out a bit and place it on the pocket.
Step 7: Place the top over your water bottle, add a Crystal Light packet, and you're finished!

They are super quick to make and I think would be easy to make alot of. Good luck with yours!
 
With my scraps of Lily Bee from the Apron Strings Bigger Than a Breadbox kit I made a simple card that will be tucked away for that deperate moment when I need a card last minute!
 

Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is such a super cool gift idea. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.
Hugs
Desire

The Gov. said...

You know that I am always on the lookout for cute and easy teacher gifts and this is soooo cute! Thanks for the directions!