Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In Your Birthday Suit ....

I am getting a bit of scrappy time in - between the hours of 11 pm and 1 am anyway! With the kids home I am their chief entertainment maker. The little one is content to craft with me for a short time (max is one hour) but the big one complains alot that she is bored so off we go! Christian and I took all six kids (Kami's, Sarah's and ours) to Fun Jump and then to Chili's for lunch on Tuesday, over to Christian's today with all seven kids (Kami's, Sarah's and ours) to have beignets (or benyays as the case may be), quiche and a dance party, tommorow we are headed to the Children's Museum (with just my own and one of Sarah's and Christian will have hers and one more) and picnic in Hermann Park. My parents will pick up the girls on Friday morning and take them to the rodeo - I have a long list of what I would like to do after they are picked up!
On to the layouts I have scrapped! I scrapped pictures of my Dad's birthday back in June. My Dad has had some health problems so every picture of him that I have is very precious! He wanted to celebrate turning sixty by jumping out of plane. Really? We compromised - dinner and cake with a guy in a parachute on it! The girls picked out the cake and told The Cake Lady exactly how he should look. I think it turned out fabulous!
For this one I used a sketch from A Walk Down Memory Lane by the fabulous Lucy Chesna. I turned it on its side to use with the pictures I had. I also added a picture of the cake the girls created.
Having a Blast
 
The other side in the scrapbook is this next layout of the birthday boy! I used a sketch from My Scraps and More and of course flipped and added a picture!
I cannot tell you how happy these pictures make me - there is such joy in them!
60 or Something
 

Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

What a festive LO!

I'm glad to be with MSW. And I'm now a new follower of your blog. Here's looking forward to working with you & everyone on the MSW team!

Kathleen
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/