Sunday, June 19, 2011

aah what a relief it is ...

A stressful day and an evening of scrapbooking to ease it...

I put together the following layout of Amory and her best buddy Ian. These pictures were taken at the zoo back in February - it was unseasonably hot even then! I completed several challenges which is always good to get the brain some exercise!
I used the sketch challenge from the My Mind's Eye blog with the theme of song lyrics. I used "We Go Together" from the movie Grease. This song is the challenge song from Scrap It With A Song . I was able to use that as a starting point for my journaling which including the title says We Go Together like zebras and stripes, giraffes and spots, lions and tigers. For the challenge at Paper Variety the challenge was to use mixed alphas - at least two. I used four!
MME_LayoutSketch_2011_06
We Go Together
I used -
  1. My Mind's Eye Ooh La La For Him Happy Days (Orange Dot)
  2. My Mind's Eye Ooh La La For Him Border Strip
  3. My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup Super Stripe
  4. My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup Zoofari (The animals are fussy cut from this)
  5. Title Letter Stickers and Journaling Block from Simple Stories
  6. Journaling Letters Stickers from Adornit and Cosmo Cricket
  7. Other Stickers from October Afternoon

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

~jan said...

You are such an talented over-achiever, Kristin! ;) Your layouts always draw me in for a nice long look-love that. Those photos are too cute and I love those little embellies-perfection all the way, girl! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Variety, my friend!

XXOO AMY said...

excellent! love it! thanks for sharing it with us at TPV!

mindy gallagher said...

This page is super cute, I love it. Thank you for playing along with us at TPV and also a SIWAS!!!

Pauline said...

What a fabulous creation! I love the colours and embellishments... thank you for singing along with us at Scrap It With A Song!
Pauline