Wednesday, April 27, 2011

AAAAH Scrapping again ....

Feels good to be getting my hands on some paper, adhesive and all the bits and bobs in my stash! I combined several challenges to complete my two page layout about our family's tradition of making popcorn people for Santa instead of the cookie baking most people do. I don't bake - it is generally a disaster so I stay away from it!
For the left side of "Making Popcorn People" I used the April 21st sketch from Sassy Little Sketches. I changed it up just a bit to accommodate my photos.
The sketch:

For the right side of the layout I used the April 14th sketch from Sassy Little Sketches. I flipped this one on its side.
The original sketch:                                     


Putting the two sketches together I created this two page layout! I am also entering this layout in a polka dot challenge at Paper Variety for my yellow polka dots and a challenge at the ScrapRoom blog to mix lines. And boy did I mix the lines and probably crossed a few too! I used October Afternoon, Imaginisce, Cosmo Cricket papers and embellishments from October Afternoon, Heidi Grace Designs, Scenic Route and a garage sale bag of buttons!
Making Popcorn People

Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Theresa said...

what a great double pager! thanks for sharing with The Paper Variety.

~jan said...

Arent you the clever scrapper. my friend! :) LOVE your take on both sketches and that they form such an adorable 2-pager! You rock, girl! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Variety!

Suzy said...

I love seeing 2 page layouts :) I often use 1 page sketches the same way. This turned out great. I like the colors you chose and the way you make your title :) Thanks for sharing your talent at TPV!
Suzy