Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Going Green

Good morning everyone! It is a productive day in my house! Laundry is getting done and I am working on the computer simultaneously (and apparently using new big words!). Might be the humongous (see another one) mocha I got from McDonald's this morning! WooHoo! I wanted to share a few projects that I have been working on that reuse and recycle which is the current challenge at ScrapFit. The prize is from Paper Trunk for the paper colloection and sticker of your choice. Personally I wouldn't be able to decide between the Rockabilly or the Wrangler - it would be a hard choice for sure!
For the first project I reused a birdhouse I found at the Salvation Army for 59 cents. It was in desperate need of a renovation - it was screaming dress me up, love me and for 59 cents how could I say no? I used papers from Upsy Daisy Designs. I fussy cut the little birdies from their Gorgeous paper from the A Walk in the Park line and covered the bird house with papers from their Splendid paper from the A Walk in the Park line. The fruit label is from Graphic 45 and I covered the unpapered parts with tea stain crackle paint.



















The next layout is my Amory  - the herbivore! If I let her she would only eat fruits, vegetables and cheese. Not that I am complaining - far from it - she apparently has decided to eat her sister's share of fruits and vegetables so Priscilla won't have to suffer! What a nice sister! That leads me to this layout - Amory leading the 4th of July Bike Parade at church and then enjoying her watermelon treat after. Behind the large white journaling block is a small square shaped hole (huh?) where I cut the watermelon seeds from. Being green with our scrapping not only means recycling or reusing but being conscious of not wasting. I could have gotten another piece of black out but why use more paper than necessary?

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Watermelon
The next layout is all about going green! I used packaging for my journaling block, I made the turtle work for my layout by covering her shell with a scrap of a green journaling block (she was turquoise) instead of using more supplies (and paper) to create my own, and used alot of older scraps that would have been destined for the trash.
Turtley Awesome
So what are yo waitng for? Go Green and Reuse and Recycle! And enter to win at ScrapFit!

Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Veronica Tingvall said...

oh my gosh! that title on the turtle is so fun, I really need to steal that for an upcoming page about our pet turtle miles.
I really love all your work!