Monday, April 19, 2010

Strawberries and Tin Cans!

Continuing with the Earthy Day Go Green theme I used SPCC #44 to decorate a tin can as a thank you gift for Priscilla's teacher. Now that is a way to repurpose and recycle! SPCC #44 colors are found in Cosmo Cricket's Earth Love (appropriate huh?)! I made a little notepad to stick inside with a scrap of scrapbook paper and some printer paper.

Here is my tin can dressed up for the occasion! I printed the sentiment myself and cut it out and adhered it to the middle of a journaling block. A clip attached the card to the notepad.
And the notepad - simply paper stapled together and fun letters on the front. Yes the e is supposed to be backwards - I had no more e's - I used a g!
And now for the strawberries. Amory, our friends and I had SO much fun picking strawberries and munching our way back to the front of the field! The ladies at the produce stand gave us a bucket and some rules (pick only red ones, don't go over the rows, don't step on the plants!) and off we went. It was muddy, wet and nasty! But alot of fun!

Thank you for stopping by - have a blessed day!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Craftastic Life said...

Beautiful Project!!

Katt Adams said...

Great project- and a reminder to get busy on my end of year gifts! Looks like you too had a fun day picking strawberries too!
Katt

Emily said...

What a neat project...so clever!

Emily-SP Diva

Susan said...

This is such a sweet little project. And what great pictures from the day of picking strawberries - can't wait to see the LO!

RobbynW said...

Love it Kristin! I'm sure it will
have a place of honor on the teachers desk!
Robbyn - SP Diva

Unknown said...

beautiful project, and great idea!!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such a wonderful project! And love the strawberry picking photos :)

Deanne SP Diva