Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Bend in Scrapbooking!

I have been scrapping my fingers off to create a scrapbook for my bff Christian. Her and her men as she calls them (Frankie, Neo, and Charlie) were lucky ducks and went to Big Bend over the Thanksgiving holiday. And I was so excited when she asked me to create a scrapbook of their adventures. I got started right away because I knew with two crops going on right now at places I love - MSW and Apron Strings I had plenty of challenges and sketches to fill her scrapbook!
Apron Strings Don't Stash It Challenge - Day #1
A Sketch and Use Your Oldest Kit - I can remember buying this scenic route paper ages and ages ago - before I bought a kit of this online (big step there too) I just accumulated - bought things on sale, on a whim, without a plan.
Don't Stash It Challenge - Day #2 - Use at least three different alphas and a sketch. A rub on alpha with two different fonts (vintage Daisy D) and the smile subtitle is another mixed up font (more vintage Daisy D)
Don't Stash It Challenge - Day #3 a sketch and three different ribbons. I used my ribbons to "hang" my title - more of that vintage scenic route  
Don't Stash It Challenge - Day #4 - A Sketch and use a combination of buttons and brads on your layout --  at least five of each. Since I have plethora of these little gems - easy peasy! Hey Lori - throwing out an idea here - eyelets for next week. I know we all have these in our stash collecting dust!
Don't Stash It Challenge - Day #5 - a sketch and include at least 8 blossoms on your layout. Lori reminded me of the Prima Milk Bottle Craze. I can honestly say I do not own those. I think I own every other flower but not those! I also included on this layout a piece of sheet music - I bought a box of sheet music for $2.00 at the library book sale - be looking for alot of sheet music coming up! I thought the sheet music was appropriate considering the title - "she'll be coming around the mountain"!
Thank you for stopping by! I'll be posting MSW layouts soon - hungry children are hollering, my husband is hollering at the TV, and I am starting to holler that I am almost done. Alot of hollering going on -hope it stops soon!

Have a blessed day -
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kami said...

It looks fantastic! She will love it!

Lori said...

What a fun way to accomplish so much - clear out stash, and get someone else's stuff done! Fun.
Oh, and I already had the eyelet thought ;)