Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hello everyone out there. We are having a lazy weekend! Had plans for swimming and being outside but of course it had to rain! Victor did make BBQ yesterday in between rain storms - it was delicious! And we had enough left over for lunch after church today. I have a few layouts to share - I just got a bunch of pictures in so I am excited to scrap events like Disney on Ice and the girls' kimonos that Grandpa Lake Jackson brought back from Kobe, Japan and that's just a few of the things I'll be working on in the next couple of weeks. Right now I am working on a flower shaped mini album with spring pictures of the girls and a heart shaped mini album of Amory's birthday pictures. It is a nice break from the layouts!

But speaking of layouts here are a few I have done:

A Little Sweet & A Lot Sour: Lesson learned - don't trust Daddy when he says go ahead try that candy!

Scrambling for Eggs - Cracking Open Eggs: I used a sketch from 52 Weeks...52 Sketches for this by mirroring the one page sketch for the second page.

Going on an Egg Hunt: Amory at our MOMS Club Easter Egg Hunt. At first she threw the eggs in and missed every time, after that she gently placed them in but only after checking the eggs to make sure there was good stuff inside!
That Basket is Mine: This is the shout we heard Easter morning as the girls discovered their Easter baskets. I used papers and a Bingo card from Valentine's kit!


After showing you these I must say it is getting harder and harder for me to shop from my stash. It is stretching my creative skills to think outside the box and use Valentine's for Easter and things that I have had from the beginning of my scrappy days (three years ago) in new and fresh ways. I encourage you to do the same - I feel like I have stretched my skills and are using and doing more things that I previously had not or could not do. I challenge you to put away the wallets and shop from what you have - stretch your dollars and your creativity!
On this memorial weekend celebrate this freedom that so many have fought for in order for us to be Americans! God Bless all of you!




post signature

1 comment:

Maggi said...

These layouts are so bright and cute! I can't wait to see what you do with the kimono pics!